View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 01:06 AM   #19

Thanks Spud!

This is my wiring harness, I plan to redraw it a little neater to give my sister so she can consult it. The wire colors match real world wire colors.

If anyone needs to use it, it should work. I can help explain the relays, they are bosch style relays and are all essentially the same...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PACK-12V-D...939559&vxp=mtr

At autozone they are $10 each and not at every store. Might as well buy some now and have them on hand

They are useful for most motorcycles as it's common to run the headlight energy directly through the headlight handlebar switch. The problem with this is not only does the energy dissipate from traveling a long distance, but if you put too much energy into your headlight you will melt the small handlebar switch wires.

Better to have the handlebar and key activate the relay and have the energy flow with a larger wire from the battery, through the relay, to the headlight.

You can see here the funny three part header. I tried to paint it and cover up the welds with high temp epoxy. It turned out kinda weird and so I'm looking for a replacement header, again, does anyone know a good header for this motor?

And I know I posted all these photos but I'm still looking for feedback on jetting, see my previous posts.