View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #16

Hi there,

It is not my picture, I searched a few times asking the pros and cons of each chain and a comparison and found it in google images. It worked well and I'm glad it could be of help

I found that some people think going to a 428 saves weight as a trade for the chain wearing faster than a 520.
This makes sense because even though a 520 is beefier, since the rollers are further apart than the 428, there would be less rollers for the same length on a 520 vs 428.

People said if you have a 520, it's better to go aluminum sprocket for weight as it saves nearly 12oz compared to a steel sprocket where as a 428 and 520 don't weigh much different.

The discussion was in the context of people with XR200R who are racing.

I don't think for this motor making what power it makes it matters either way, best to just stick with what you have. As this is a practical bike I'd like to have as little maintenence as possible once it's set up correctly, I am going to go for a steel sprocket.

http://www.amazon.com/JT-Sprockets-J...=JTR245%2F2.41

-----

I have the Keihin PD97A Carb which is the stock for an XR200R, a modified muffler (previous owner removed the baffle but I put in a DIY version of my own because it was way too loud).

I bought a carburetor rebuild and cleaned and replaced some of the parts that looked worn. I have the fuel screw 1.25 out and the clip on the second (middle?) position.

I would like to say that some of the tolerances of the rebuild kit were not as nice as the original items and if I would do it again I would have paid the extra money to get a rebuild that was made in Japan.
Many of the O Rings and screws worked as well and appeared identical but some of the screws fit a bit looser and the stock clip was loose on the needle in the rebuild, I decided to use the old needle and compared each piece and chose the ones I felt were the best.

As for jetting, I still feel like the bike runs a bit rough, It doesn't pull smoothly. I would have a tendency to think the bike is running rich as the exhaust looks sooty and there is soot on the white rear fender forming very quickly.

Can anyone weigh in on these motors, do they tend to be jetted about the same as an XR200? Do I need bigger or smaller jets?

Also my header looks pretty messed up, like it was welded, I don't know if the welds are blocking the exhaust and I plan to replace it. Should I look for a header from an XR200, an XL? or do I need a lifan specific header. I've compared on eBay and I can't really tell... The fact that this one is modified makes me wonder if the stock one didn't work?

Thanks very much for you all's continued help