View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #12

OK Lets see- the GY10 they had, the yellow one- has been sent to another dealer some 2 hours from here. I really wanted to examine one again to see the possibility of putting another tank on it.

Interesting that the ZX 200 isn't listed on the Chinese site- another interesting note is that all of the Honda Tornadoes that I have seen here are made in Brazil....none in China. I don't know whether thats true for their other bikes as well.

I agree about the absolute necessity of the shop and parts manual.

As far as the RX 3 goes- it may not be any more difficult to assemble- but servicing it with injection, will that not require some digital knowledge and being able to plug in diagnostic equipment?

I also agree about the progressive linkage on the GY10, looks like a better system all around. I think it a better value as well plus I like the way it looks. That having been said the tank is the limiting factor-

Story- I have not been able to find a GPS here period. I carry a Garmin Oregon- used that on bicycles several years ago. I know Garmin has motorcycle GPS'es but a Nuvi is pretty similar, does what I need and starts less than $100 on Amazon vs $600 for their motorcycle GPS- and $500 difference will buy a hell of a lot of plastic bags to cover a GPS in the rain....cant buy ANY GPS here. So thinking about buying a tank for the GY 10- Jesus I dunno.... the ZX200 carries 13 litres vs.6.5 on the GY10. I did ask the salesman today why such a small tank- he said the GY 10 was more intended for agricultural use which to me makes no sense at all - putting that size tank on a bike like that is dumber than cold cat feces in my opinion but thats just me.

What else. The ZX200 may be a fine bike but the welding on it looks like my welding. That is somewhat of a put off....per your comments about the fit and finish on the RX3 being better I hope so. I understand that these are not BMW's or Hondas but some of the welding here looks like the welding on a Ural I saw once.

So yes I want to get a look at the GY10 again but re tanking it may be a big deal plus then you add crash bars and pannier racks and bags and on and on and on until you are within $1 K or maybe a little more of the RX3. Similar expenses needed minus tank on the ZX200- I did ask the shop about pannier racks and they had no idea- Jesus Christ apparently there is no franchise standard of quality or for that matter knowledge of product here. I like the bikes just not the shop. Nice enough but don't know anything. So I am looking forward to seeing the RX3. Considering the panniers, the racks, the crash bars and so forth the price may not be that bad if there is quality there.

One last note. The ZX200 on the floor- I tried taking the oil filler plug off to see if it had crankcase oil. there is no sight glass. Couldn't get it off. I bring this up apropos of the fact that I shifted the bike through the gears off the side stand where I could rock it back and forth and shifting was rough as hell. Maybe its because its new or the gear cluster is dry dunno but that was another thing I tried.

Expat

Edit- Spud- this is apparently a dealership with a lot of outlets spread the hell all over Northern Peru. The RX3's are going to be delivered to their central location wherever that is- sorry I didn't clarify.

Last edited by expat42451; 10-29-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added comment