View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #2

Charles, you ask about getting more power out of a RX#. I'd recommend calling CSC and talk to Gerry. He's the service manager and the guy that set up Roland Wheeler's bike for the track. Roland won first in his class last year and just took first last weekend in another WERA race. Gerry ported the head on that bike. They also messed with the exhaust, not sure about the intake. I bet they put the bike on a dyno so you might even get some hp figures to see if all this work is worth it for a street bike.

As for the ECU, it's a Delphi unit that is used on lots of other small engines. We (this forum) have wondered about options for tuning or even just diagnostics but so far I'm not aware of anything similar to what is available for Ducati or Guzzi. Most RX3s seem to run so well right out of the box that it's hard to justify tinkering with the map. Odds are that any user changes will just screw things up unless you really know a lot about FI maps. I can tell you that it's far more complicated than just tweaking the fuel delivery at a given point in the RPM range. There are sub maps for things like altitude, air temp, throttle position, water temp, and lord only knows what else. They all interact.

A few riders here have changed the exhaust without making any other changes. The air cleaner is so basic I doubt you can get anything less restrictive. When you get your bike please let us know what changes have worked for you.

Peter Y.