View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #1

RX3 performance mods? Horsepower upgrade potential?

I'm looking at buying an RX3 later this year, and I've read about a guy who bought a cylinder head for the CSC cafe racer, and noticed severe blockage in the exhaust port. He ported and polished it, but hadn't installed it or ran the bike with it yet. I'm wondering if the RX3 has similar blockages in the cylinder head, and might benefit from a porting and polishing job.

I'm also wondering if the airbox and exhaust are restrictive, and could potentially be modified for more power. Is there a restrictive cat? Is the muffler restrictive? Also a problem I see is that the RX3 has EFI, not carburetors. Porting the SG250 would be easy, as it has a carburetor and fueling can easily be changed. But what about the RX3? Is the ECU re-mappable? If so are there maps out there? If not, is there a fuel controller that will work with the RX3? Most EFI components are relatively standardized, so a universal kit might work, but I don't know much about EFI honestly, and Zongshen might be using their own in-house parts for their EFI.

I'm basically curious about basic performance mods for some more low-end grunt and potentially achieving slightly higher top speed. I know port/polish isn't basic, but that only costs me time and a few dremel bits. Intake/exhaust is a pretty standard thing to modify...

Charles.