View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inroads View Post
Centerstand deployment is a mutha even when grabbing the crash bars which are hard to get but a couple of fingers around so....I'm thinking of mounting a rear peg upside down so when it pivots out I then would have a good grab handle to lift her up.
Did you see my earlier post on "getting it up?" This method is working well for me. Start by standing on the left side of the bike facing forward. Hold the stand peg down with your foot, hold bike upright with your left hand on the handlebar, and with your right hand reach forward and grab the lower engine guard, and pull the bike back. I have found it works best if you grab the lower portion of the lower engine guard, closer to the bike frame. This induces less twisting. But do leave some room around the bike the first time you try it, since the bike tends to pivot a bit as it rolls back and up onto the stand.

Its getting easier for me with practice. I have not observed any bending of the mounting tabs or other issues, but obviously there are no guarantees. Its just a suggestion.

Last edited by NoVa Rider; 08-14-2015 at 05:13 AM.