View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:40 PM   #7

Update with oil temp drop across cooler

It was cold and mostly raining today while I wrapped up my cable choke conversion project on my Nibbi carb. I did however have the chance to take just a short ride around town in between the showers. I shot the temperature at the cooler inlet and outlet with my trusty Stanley infrared thermometer and was pretty happy to see a significant difference. I know that the reading isn't super accurate because it's being aimed at a somewhat shiny surface, but since both readings are against a similarly shiny surface the relative difference should be pretty close. You can absolutely feel the difference when briefly touching the fittings too. Granted, this was nowhere near what the oil temps might be after a hard ride on a hot day, but it at least shows the cooler can drop the oil temperature pretty well.

While I was working yesterday evening, I also took the opportunity to take a couple pictures of the way i mounted the EVAP canister after basically installing the oil cooler in the spot the canister used to call home. The tweak I made on the canister bracket didn't come out just perfect, but bending something the opposite direction of how it was originally bent will sometimes turn out like that. It'll do. It's out of the way and secure, and that's what matters.

The last picture just shows the dreariness of the day today as I was preparing to adjust my chain and check/tighten my rear spokes.

Anyhow, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Good riding and wrenching to all!
Attached Images

-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.