View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 11:52 PM   #2

Update

Tonight's project was finishing up the cooler mount. I like to pace myself with the arthritis in these old hands and elbows. Anyhow, the plate is more or less in its finished form at this point. I'll spray a few coats of satin black paint on it to mask the imperfections and call it good. I've added some more pictures here of the progress.

Please pay no mind to the cheesy hardware I've got mounting it up at the moment. That's some stuff left over from a TV wall mount kit and I used it just for fitting purposes. I've got some appropriate stainless hardware showing up from Mr. Bezos any day now that will go on when it's finally assembled.

You may notice that I have the front fender removed while working on it for convenience of access. I did verify that the fender clears just fine. The one area where it is a little too tight is right near the tank seam. I'll be trimming the edge of the inner plate that sandwiches the cooler in that area and also putting a bit of insulating rubberized edging on the plate right there just in case vibration or an unexpected spill would cause the two to touch.

The one thing that just barely doesn't clear when the steering is full-lock left is the reflector that screws into the left side of the lower triple clamp I'll either see if can get an ever so slightly smaller outside diameter reflector, notch the existing one just a bit on its periphery, or just toss the reflectors altogether.

I expect the next update will be when it's all together and functional. That will probably be over the weekend. Like I mentioned, I have to work in short spurts or my arthritis gets the best of me. I do enjoy the tinkering though, and I hope maybe someone finds some of this useful if they don't care to use the one-size-fits-all downtube clamp.
Attached Images