Thread: DeSoto
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Great looking car. I'd like to have a flathead six for my woodie T project. I keep my eyes out for a Kaiser Frazer supercharged continental flathead six.
A blown Continental 6 would be cool. As it's pretty hard to find, look at the Ford 215/223. A lot of aftermarket speed parts available for that series, though more for the 223. My old 52 Ford F2 had a built 215. Except for the head shave and valve work, the extra horsepower was all bolt on. I had the engine putting out 180 hp and since my son in law has had it, I think he has managed to tweek almost 20 more out of it.

Today, even though I have a lot of experience with this engine, I think it would only be my third choice. Second choice would be the Ford 4.9/300 More stuff available to make a potent beast. Much of it from Cliffords. My first choice, though, would be the 60s Pontiac OHC 6. Not many out there and, IIRC, not much for aftermarket parts, either. But, it was plenty of power in a small package. And it looks so good.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts