View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #17

Well I had a nice little scare with the electrics... I went out to do a few quick things to the bike before my shipment of parts arrive in the next few days... I ended up deciding to do my monthly "do all my lights work" check while I was there... I put the key in the bike and turn it over to "ON"... nothing comes on but the Neutral Light and High Beam Indicator... no headlight, dash lights, or tale/brake lights was actually on...

So I try pressing the brake peddle as a test and the rear lights go off like it should... along with my License Plate Lights, they decided it's time to work when I press the brakes now

WTF 'Mia'...

Dinner is going to be done in 3 minutes and you do all this crap to me???

Well I stopped the b***hin and just got to it... I pull all the plastics, the seat, and the gas tank and start messing with all the wires I might have "recently disturbed" while I was doing the Thermo-bob install (without removing the gas tank, seat, or plastics I might add ), and also to check my ATC/ATO fuses, the battery, and my Denso C.O.P. wires... everything was fine... dinner was done almost 8 minutes ago... I was getting hungry and vary pissy...

Wait a second...

I glance over and notice a connector not full seated... I completely forgot to fully re-connect the main connector for the lights last time I was messing around in there... it popped itself loose sometime the other day when I was out on my ~20 mile ride

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.