Thread: Lifan USA
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Ehhh, street stuff. 200gy looks nice (same old gripe, I won't mention)
It does seem like Lifan is kind of like Toyota cars or Honda cars--boring, 'street' stuff, LOL. Their Pony 100 was a breath of fresh air a couple years ago, but they discontinued it. The MiniKP 150 looks 'fun' in the class of vehicles I term 'GLV' (Grom-like vehicle) or 'GLB' (Grom-like bike), but it will have limited appeal to most of us. I think they have had plenty of time to make a big statement in the 200cc enduro class, like they did back in '07 with their GY-5. Heck, the GY-5 is STILL shown on their Chinese site, so they could/should have brought that one back!

Their KP200/KPR200 street bikes are uninspiring as far as looks go, but after researching them and seeing videos, they do have potential. Not sure why they cut it off at 200cc, but they are liquid-cooled and fuel-injected. I am not sure if there are enough of people like me out there (here in the US)--daily commuter, late 40's, don't care too much for looks, for this bike. The KPR200 I see in the same class of bike that Zongshen had when they introduced their kind of sporty street bike several years ago. So, there is potential for new riders, but since the Zongshen, we have had several actual sport bikes introduced with small engines, and more coming. All the negatives aside, from watching the videos, these bikes look stout, and not delicate, and seem to perform. If the price is right (which is the whole reason for the fan-club/cult of us Chinabikes enthusiasts), then they could have my business. I like the KP200 standard, including the one they show that seems to attempt to be a ADV bike (has crash bars and a little windshield and a rack-ish thing. Or the standard one without all the wannabe fluff. As long as I can throw a big case on the back and it can cruise at 60 with bursts to 65 (as the videos seem to indicate), and the price is in the mid to low $2k range, they have my (boring) interest, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard