View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 08:26 PM   #8

I was wanting to bypass Amazon because of the tax situation. I tried to order from Xpro and couldn't find an option for paying with a credit card. Having seen that Xpro and Powersportsmax were the same thing on here I called them. They said yes they were the same and they had a Valentines day sale going on. They also had the red Hawk I wanted where Xpro didn't. I got my order in and about a week later got the bike. The driver had an electric pallet jack and a liftgate. Ran it right into my garage for me. He had called ahead to make sure he could bring a 48' trailer into the neighborhood. The bike actually came from Ricky Powersports in Texas. I got it licensed and liability insurance pretty easy. I had called the license agency one county over to make sure there wouldn't be a problem. Ours are a bunch of idiots that always have a waiting room full. When I stopped in the girl that took care of me looked kind of confused at the MSO. She went over to the other woman and showed it to her. That woman looked at me and asked if I had called a couple of weeks ago. I said yes and she told the girl that she had seen this situation before and to go ahead. Later she asked me if I had to pay taxes when I bought it. I told her I had gone around Amazon to avoid that situation. On the phone she had told me that as long as the taxes showed on the Bill of Sale that I would just have to pay local taxes. I was surprised how good her memory was. This was in Missouri. So far I am pretty happy with the Hawk 250 DLX. But like so many I have already got the 17/45 sprockets ordered already. I have also raised the dip in the seat and cut the step down some. I am 6'2" and that made it much more comfortable for me.