View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 09:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Nice work jb! I have yet to have any real collection on my drain plug nor anything in my screens. Weird....

Mrs. 2LZ noticed last night that the elbow was kinked running the OCS in the "correct" position....so today I eliminated it all and ran mine to the ground today like the TT250 to completely eliminate the swamp gas going into the intake, then plugged off the air box inlet.

I cleared the ECM and took it out. Yes, it acts generally better, seemed smoother but the most noticeable thing was it has never idled this nicely. No stalling, very stable 1600-1700 rpms.

I'll put on more miles and see how it goes. I can blow up "bin bags" on the run now!
2LZ,

I didn't mean to imply that my RX3 engine runs any better with the crankcase vent hose running directly to the airbox.

My engine has always run to perfection.

Even when there was the incident with the damaged cam, the engine started with the first push of the starter button, and ran great.

If I could get the fuel/oil business stabilized, and get someone to adjust the exhaust valves for me, I would have nothing to complain about....

....well, maybe that softer spring for the rear shock would help....

jb