View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #44

So you are a vintage club member too? Which club do you ride with mr. fly? Unless you have proper gear you don't ride with me or the people I ride with. I ride with riding instructors. The same guys that will be testing you on you M licence. Unless you have proper gear you don't get to take your M2 test let alone ride your M test. These guys will have nothing to do with you because you already know it all. The instructors wear nice gear. They've been at it longer than you or I. They have upgraded over time. They didn't go out and spend thousands on gear to be cool, they spent hundreds to be safer.

When I ride on Sundays, there is often 1000 years of experience in our group. Their gear ain't about image Mr. Fly. John is 82 years old and has good gear, and absolutely no Image to speak of. On the 401 I see idiots all the time in beany helmets and t-shirts. Good luck to you and the people you ride with. What is obvious is that you do a lot of riding with people I don't talk to. But the several hundred people I've ridden with all wear gear, ( ATTGAT.) or they are shunned till they do. I won't ride with someone not concerned about safety. They are a danger to me and the people I ride with.