View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
L brackets for what purpose?

I have CSC's initial design center stand. In the shop I hoist the front by the handlebar with an engine hoist, a come-a-long, a couple tiedown straps, a wrecker, or whatever else is handy. On the road I ask a couple sturdy looking young men to drag the bike backwards by the luggage rack while I stand on the center stand's miniscule foot pin. If I want to work with the rear wheel I have a furring strip with a V cut on one end to slide under the swingarm. Either way is easy, and the stand is fairly secure under the bike.
I believe NZ is referring to the first, two piece center stand that CSC offered for the RX3. They are the ones shown in his link in post #788. Interesting that they include them with the bike in China, though I still prefer the newer one piece design. Looking at them, I don't think it would be too hard to weld them together via a crossmember and add a foot for deployment. Then again, by the time you do that you'll have just as much invested in parts and labor as you would if you had just bought the new design center stand. If you can wait, CSC discounts the center stand (normally priced at $130 US) regularly throughout the year. So for those interested in getting one, be patient and you should be able to save some money.