View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Welcome!
thank you

Quote:
It would depend on the stud spacing. There are two sizes of CG that I'm familiar with, yours being the larger of the two. My guess is that even though the air cooled reference is wrong, the bore is actually 67mm. That would put your motor around 230 actual cc's. You'd need to remove the head and measure it to be sure.
id like to keep the watercooling for consistency, but its just getting hot and boiling when i ride slow, like first gear crawling and such.. tempted to fit a fan to the radiator but not sure how much that would even help, or where to pick voltage from.. my brother claims the rectifier, but im not so sure...

Quote:
I'm not sure about the water pump, or how it is driven. I have an engine like that, but I haven't torn into it yet. Perhaps you could just remove the water pump and install a regular side cover.
hmm i dont wanna rip in just yet until i have a good gasket set ready to go, only then will i go any further, but thats my dilemma... wont know exactly what it is until i open it up.

Quote:
I really like that Orion frame; it seems to have a removable subframe. Does it use a suspension link, or does the shock bolt to the swingarm? That swingarm looks awesome, BTW.
it is a nice looking frame for sure. the rear setup is similar to a cantilever, the shock isnt directly on the swing arm. i like it since winding the spring up a little tighter, it was bottoming out when i first got it.
yes, the rear section of the frame is removable, as per one of my pictures.

blue bike is mine, and my brothers white air cooled version.