View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident. If an R6 put you in a hosptial God only knows what the R1 could have done!

The 900RR was and is a great bike. In it's day the lightest sharpest high performance 4 cylinder bike. I liked the perforated fairing.

Another classic Japanese bike (I never had one) that I lust for is a first generation air and oil cooled GSXR1100. Especially a red white and blue one. I'd waste good money on a nice one of those.

Nowadays, at almost 52, race replica bikes don't motivate me. My ST4S-ABS Ducati is fast enough.
Well it wasn't speed with the R6 that put me there. It was a mid range stumble that caused the bike to break traction and slide into a turn. Well that was the mechanical cause.....it was partly rider error as well due to being used to riding 900+cc monsters. So i had the mentality to ease into the throttle on the turn instead of keeping it on the power like the 600s prefer. So when i eased into it the rpms dropped down to around 3K then suddenly snapped up to 12K The bike was having fueling issues and that was why i was even out on it riding it to see if we could sort out the cause. Yea i found the cause pretty fast! As for the R1...well it didn't last much longer after the accident. A rich dad bought it for his kid and well his kid did not have the skill to control it...nuff said on that.

I miss the CBR and will probably buy another one day...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)