View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Darkrider, I will be interested to follow your progress on the Honda, and see what you have to say after you ride an Enfield :-)
I have a feeling it will definitely a different experience jumping from a sport bike like the Interceptor to an Enfield but im definitely looking forward to getting that experience. The Interceptor i have is from the era where they were built as full on racing bikes initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I am very curious as to what riding in Saskatchewan is like. I am assuming a lot of straight roads through Prairie type environment? I would imagine Harleys and another cruisers are popular up there? How does the Interceptor handle the roads? Are there a lot of off-road riding opportunities? What are they like? I would assume that you're riding season is over for the year?

I have not had the privilege of riding in your province, but I have discovered that the roads in British Columbia and Alberta were in tremendously good condition, especially given the harsh winters.
I live right on the AB/SK border so i get the best of both worlds. Sometimes right off of the highway that borders the two....i go north a bit and turn towards alberta or sask i find nice curvy roads that the Interceptor just loves to storm down at a nice clip. Even the highway itself is curved a bit in that direction...going south of the city is flat for quite a few kms..but it too finds curves and hills if you go far enough. But along away there are plenty of side roads that will find some twisties. But yes the most common type of bike up here in my area would be Harleys, usually most of them being the Softail based bikes with the odd Road King and other touring machines. There are a few guys running around the city with older Gold Wings as well. If you ever get a chance to head up this way i will try to have at least one of my bikes ready to rumble and show you around.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)