View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #66

The brief update for everybody on the Royal Enfield about 5000 miles, and the bike is doing beautifully over the course of the past year.

I have used it mostly as a commuter, and for local rides less then 150 miles or so. Ironically, I also find it the best bike in the stable to ride when I am going places with friends who are on Harley Davidson's. It is the only motorcycle I have that is slow enough that I am not frustrated to high holy heck that the Harleys can't keep up. With that said, the Harleys have higher top speeds of course, better acceleration, but the Royal Enfield does much better stopping, turning, and maneuvering. Ridden with Harley Davidson's, it actually does quite well.

Mechanically, the bike has been near perfect. The only issues are I had the negative battery terminal break (common failure, from vibration) and a tiny oil leak at the inner kick shaft seal. The broken battery cable terminal I fixed myself with some parts from the auto parts store. I had the dealership fix the kickstart seal under warranty. It's took them forever, but it was done.

It continues to be a favorite motorcycle, it is very antiquated in so many ways, and that is one of the things that makes it such a pleasure.