View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Indeed, thanks for starting this interesting thread.
No problem, once i get a free moment long enough to dig up as many early photos as i can of when i first got it...i will prob eventually start up a thread on my '85 Honda VF750F Interceptor as well. That bike is the one that has changed the most dramatically....When it was originally built in '85 it was a Red/White painted bike then sometime along the way it was in an accident and possibly repainted in the dark cherry color i found it in when i got it in '06 but at that stage it was still pretty much stock other then color. around '08 i had laid it down a couple times in a couple low speed incidents and thats when it went to a combination of satin and semi gloss black. between its cherry stage and its black stage it gained several modifications. But enough about that bike for now...it has its own story to tell later...

Back to the Yamaha this thread was started for...Its kind of a funny story how it was acquired....i had a near miss on the above aforementioned Interceptor due to water getting into the fuel and causing a high speed stall which in itself caused a nearly 10 km walk pushing a 540 lb motorcycle....anyways...While i had it in the shop and with it looking like it would be there for quite awhile i wanted to be able to still go riding. I was told of a Honda CB900F that was for sale and went and looked at it..That bike was a nice machine in need of a bit of wrench time that could be done on the fly. I saved up the cash for it along side the money to finish repairing the Interceptor. However i returned to the sellers house on the day i stated i would be back and the guy was no where to be found...Couldnt reach him or get in contact in any form...So i ended up doing a search on Kijiji (canadian version of craigslist basically) for bikes that were within my price range and that were street rideable. During this search i found this Yamaha on there and had remembered seeing and looking at this bike at a local dealership a couple years before. So i went to see if i was correct on it being the same bike i seen and i was correct. Took it for a test ride and bought it right on the spot soon after. I took the remaining cash that i had saved up for the CB and used it to get a replacement set of handlebars, grips and a replacement battery...however said battery was the incorrect type and wasnt filled at the honda dealer i bought it from even though thats how they did things normally..so the battery went back and the bike still has the battery it had when i first bought it. Im not quite sure how old the Dunlop Trials tires that are on the bike are...they are still in decent shape and barely show any signs of weather cracking so i will most likely run them for a bit longer if not outright build a second set of wheels and tires for the bike and keep the current assemblies as spares.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)