View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoujinDango View Post
You've got me scared now. My bike came with oil and gas in it. I made the assumption that coolant was in it as well and that the silver bottle was replacement oil that I just wasn't going to use because it was some dumb unlabeled stuff. Press F in the chat.. I've put 500 miles on it without it throwing a code, just put the silver bottle coolant in it now. Anything I should keep an eye out for since I probably damaged it in some way?

Lol. You're probably okay. If it's not smoking or boiling over, you didn't ruin anything. These are still air cooled derivative engines. They probably left some air cooled properties in it to protect it. Just make sure you properly burped the system to have all the air out.

Next time you change the oil, make sure it doesn't look like chocolate milk. If it does, you have a BHG (blown head gasket), and it need to come apart.

I'm looking for gasket kits that can fit, actually. I want to do some head work, and kinda looking for a cam.

Also, I'm looking for an aftermarket clutch, as I think mine is slipping. Heavy boy, plus being REALLY hard on the bike with clutchless shifts, hard full throttle acceleration almost all the time, and a few attempts at clutch dump wheelies takes it's toll. lol.

Honestly, this thing is far more durable than expected. Whoever gets it next will have a lot of upgrades. lol.