View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post
Just purchased the Tao Tao Powermax VIP 150cc 157QMJ. Old retired disabled veteran (1984-1987 USAF) from South Carolina USA just west of I-95 and right on the border of North Carolina. Been trying to get into scooters So far she is real good. I am still breaking her in but have hit upwards of 53-58 mph when doing a top speed hit. I do the old hit and run then ride low rpm slow runs. I have used the Rotella oil for the heat range and performance (being air cooled). I am getting ready to replace the plug and may even remove the air box to go cold air then add an after market exhaust.
I need to run 60 mph up hill with out killing the little GY6 so my goal is to have it top out 70-75 mph top speed.
I will not run those top speeds but need the power band to carry the scooter at 60 mph while having throttle to ride with. I live 8 miles between towns and those are 55 mph highways that I will have to run. I do not want to be a rolling road block . As an old hot rod builder I am looking into gears and tire ratios for the speed. Motor tweaks will be small and minor. I do not want to go quick but get to top speed and be fast. Being these things are fast out of the hole on take off I can give a lot of that back for some good top speed.

Chime in and give me pointers.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Chuck I'm pretty sure I know you from a computer forum.