View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 PM   #704

300 kit from NZbrakelathe finally broken in. Back to Mobil 1. Very nice. Nice to have more low and mid range power. Top end is about the same on flat, a couple faster on up hills, a couple slower on down hills. Speed is a lot more consistent overall. Paved winding roads keep it in 6th until curves so tight 30mph is too fast. Just a fraction of the downshifting there used to be. Of course, if you want to make time, downshifting is now an option, no longer a requirement.

CSC's 19-inch front wheel and bigger rotor now mounted. Speedometer is still optimistic. Considering a taller tire, perhaps a 110/90-19, 3.50-19, or 4.00-19. Taller tire lessens rake so adds highway stability. Tightened up the stem a bit more, seems to chase the wobbles away. New Kenda adventure style tires on both ends. Set of 6-ply Kenda cruiser tires in stock sizes on the way. Supposed to have good traction and wear. About 99% of my miles are pavement these days.

New bigger rotor for front brake working well, takes about twice the squeeze to make work at low speeds when cold, half the squeeze works well at speed. Typical of metallic pads.

CSC billet, skid plate, and original design center stand installed. Center stand is useless without help. CSC now has a redesigned center stand that is supposed to work a lot better.

CSC LED bulb installed. Odd pattern, gap between low on ground too close, high in trees, not on road. Tiny bit brighter than SYLVANIA 9003/H4 SilverStar Ultra Halogen but pattern is not full like halogen bulbs. Going back to a pair of 4x6 headlights with both high/low with J. W. Speaker military spec bulbs or active motorcycle bulbs with auto turn illumination after court fight with dumb cop.

Over 10,000 miles (16,000 kilometers) on OEM chain and sprockets, about half a mark until out of slot set is so worn. Did get enough miles out of the set to figure out 14/44 tooth counts are still a bit high for my low speed maneuvering so going with 14/46 this time. New chain and sprockets going on tomorrow as soon as new tires arrive. Would have done chain and sprockets today but car needed brakes bled and decided to shredded alternator belt, 97F (36C) and I got hot and needed a shower. Bad.

Been a busy vacation.