View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #31

Humm.... Reading the Help section in HUD ECU Hacker... I found alot of bad things....
1) he says don't bother with ANY of the Chinese adaptors "none of them work" their all garbage!
2) you need to do an echo test to check to see if the adapter actually is working
don't think just because it put's stuff on the screen that it is right...
3) the adapters he recomends are hundreds of dollars !
4) 90% of the drivers will not work for the USB he uses only one that works....
5) the type of adapter matters alot, some of them ( the cheap ones (under $40.00)) convert back and forth instead of directly introducing errors along the way....
Not only does it look like you have to be a computer WIZ just to get it to work but you have to diagnos it before you attempt to use it,,,just incase it doesn't work !
he said he tried several drivers to get his USB adapter to work with no luck they would work great on windows 7 but not on windows 10..... he said he has the windows 10 driver free to download i think.... ....
swapping in and out drivers is not my thing I am lucky to get a new keyboard to work !!! taking the chance of killing my computer to change a driver to something else is very risky to me ! .... easy for you ...not for me!
needless to say I am very dissapointed in this not only did I buy the wrong "Garbage"
but I seriously doubt I can ever get it to work on the computer even if I buy the super expensive adapters.....
it's like what's the point ....
Bahhh humbug !
Bob........