View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #95

Have you even bothered to try registering the bike? I am annoyed by your dealer offering a measly $20 for damages for a bike they insisted will be a able to get registered. Years ago, and I forget the dealer, a guy had bought a Dongfang bobber and had it sent to New Jersey where it turned into a lawn ornament since he could not register it AND he got a full refund on top of it!

Here is the thread. Read from the first few pages. Member Gardo ordered the Dong Fang which, back in 2011 was not 49 state certified. He ended up with a free bike, and ended up with the Cleveland Cyclewerks bobber which was legal for him. I am just saying that you have some consumer protection laws in New Jersey which should back you up; more so if their email indicated that the Hawk would be fine to ship to you (and the fact that they had alternatives).

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...er-Information

edit: The drama starts around page 20 and the resolution starts around 25. There was a company called Scooter Depot which is probably now Superiorpowersports or even Powersportsmax. The Dongfang bobber was just not street legal in Jersey. Member Gardo in the thread had them contact New Jersey, and once they couldn't resolve the issue, they issued him a refund. They were supposed to pick up the bike, but I believe they just wrote it off due to the complications of finding someone to collect a whole, assembled bike. I hope you will fight for yourself if NJ gives you the same runaround.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard