View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe2887 View Post
May I ask why? Not really road worthy, or you looking for something more or what? I would think that would be as quick as a dual sport with a engine that big.... What typically fails first on these bikes? Have you seen any with a transmission? Could you get it registered as a motorbike or moped?
The 200cc has a CVT tyranny. I built a 97cc four stroke flat head side valve using a heavy duty derailleur with a cartridge that has an overdrive and a granny gear its 7 speeds. The main problem is that bicycles wheels are not speed rated. They tend to fall apart at the speeds I ride. I have custom made double wall wheels that are doing fine so far.(cost a bundle) Getting the electrics working is tricky you have to setup some way to power it all. And there is no buddy seat. It costs more to build one then it costs to buy a china bike if you can find a china bike to buy that is. At least you wont get ripped off multiple time trying to buy a motorcycle like I have been. Just know the cost can add up very fast. Getting it reged is super tricky but Ive heard of people doing it.