View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #18

Well sorry for disappearing again, been going round in circles for a while and time is getting ever shorter so I've been in the workshop mostly, well not counting the continuous onslaught of emails and messages about this and many other items I'm dealing with.

We ended up just needing to get hold of flywheels for two engines, my Zong 200 and the intended successor the Haoyue 190, I got to the point of having all my Taobao items decided upon and as it happens the seller 'friends of mount world' (I think) of the efi system also sells these engines and all the other parts I wanted including what I am pretty sure is the right parts to convert my zong to DC. The Haoyue engine is already DC. Obviously I'm not getting my efi system from this seller as I'm now talking to the manufacturer directly.

So the day (2nd Feb) I go on Taobaotrends to put the order in I see a notice telling me its Chinese new year soon and they will be on hols from something like 6th Feb to 28th Feb and any orders to be sent before then should be put in before Febuary! Oh nice two days too late then

So I put the order in and tried to get some answers to questions before they buggered off. Mainly I needed to know if the supplier of the Haoyue engine was able to supply a second flywheel, this would be shipped to FAI for them to mod whilst the engine was making its way over with the other bits. Hopefully by the time the efi and flywheel arrive I have the rest of the outfit ready to receive them.

The idea is to run the Haoyue engine and keep the Zong as a spare.