View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #41

The VR that showed up won't be going into the bike. Way too big, also not the one I was expecting. I did order it, I was just expecting a different one.
Here it is in all it's glory.

Dandy little unit, AC and DC inputs, big heat sink, LED. No output fluctuation until I dropped the input to 7.5 volts. Just too darn big.

So, being bored Sunday afternoon, I threw another one together. I used a different schematic and tried to get stuff as close as my sausage fingers would let me. This was the result.

Does everything I want it to. No output fluctuation until I drop the input to 7.5 volts and no more fluctuation the bigger board. And it's small.

A size comparison.

Now, all these pics were taken Sunday. Today, the VR I was waiting for showed up. No pics yet because the phone/camera is being charged. But all I can say is, "Wow". It's no wider than my pinkie and maybe 30mm long and maybe 15mm tall. It works as well as the other two VRs on top of that.

Decisions, decisions.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts