View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:01 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Great news! I am using the Winter shutdown to get the bike ready. Not riding in 40's!, so it will be a couple of months.
To confirm the turn signal situation, the adjustable flasher relay works well but the new signals are still not as bright as OEM, although adequate. I like them much better for the far superior rubber stalks and cool sequential lighting pattern.

I normally don't ride much below 50* but since the bike is new and the warranty short, I'm making an exception this winter.

I'd like to ask another opinion on a new issue. My signals, tail lamp and plate holder are part of a small subframe member that bolts to the seat subframe with M6 bolts threaded directly into the square tubing. On my bike there are 2 bolts on the right side and one on the left. The left one is stripped and I was going to drill it larger and tap it for an M8 bolt. However considering how thin walled that rear subframe is I am leaning toward using rivnuts instead. I already have the new M8 bolts and tap and also ordered SS M6 rivnuts from Amazon. I haven't used rivnuts much before and am unsure if this is a good application for them. Thoughts?

BTW, I'm liking this Templar more and more! Great engine! I had forgotten how squirrely it can get on just thawed ground/mud. I was sideways today but managed to stay wheels down and clean.