View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #35

IT's ARRIVED. The dealer turned up last evening at 20:00 with the bike, sun was out so could inspect it. Looks very good, the re-polish of all the paintwork worked. There are a few marks on the soft fenders but I intend to have them painted / dipped at some stage, so not bothered. Today it is pouring with rain :( I have de-decaled the side panels, the stickers are like those that come as security stickers, they peel off tiny bit-by-bit - took me ages. Now the bad news - I am off on a business trip early hours tomorrow so won't get a chance to ride it for over a week :0 It's like a Christmas present where you dont get any batteries and can only stare . . .

Our number plates are huge - 9" x 7" so they can be read by the ANPR cameras (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) - these check youu have paid your road tax and are insured (all insurance companies link to it). However, I have put one on that is 8" x 6" so it doesn't look so big. It is now the same width as the rear fender. Its a $50 / £30 fine if they stop you and want to create a fuss - but my numbers and letters are legal size, so I should be OK.

I have list of tweaks to do so I will make separate posts / photo's when I get a chance on my return from Russia.

ATB

Jeff
Velocettes (various)
Piaggio's / Honda's / Yamaha's
Raptor . . . . the List Goes On . . . .