Thread: Coleman CT200U
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #33

Here is a small update on the CT200U. I have decided to use a small Kohler 196cc 2000 Series 6.5hp engine on the Coleman until I purchase a few more parts for the Hemi Predator. The Kohler engine is small and weighs 28lbs which is a lot less than a Predator. I bought a second Hemi Predator 212cc engine that I will build for this Coleman. My first rebuilt Hemi will go into my ‘new to me’ Fox Thunderbolt mini-cycle. Clear as mud, right. Basically, I bought 2 Hemis and both bikes are getting Hemi engines. The Kohler will be used as a spare if the Coleman Hemi takes a dump on me.

The Hemi engine for the Coleman CT200U is getting an ARC billet flywheel, an ARC billet rod and a CL-1 high-torque camshaft for increased reliability. A .650” overbored stock carburetor, jet kit, a gutted and vented airbox, a new stainless steel valve kit, chromoly pushrods, and a high-flow K&N oiled air filter will increase the airflow. A gutted stock muffler will also help it out. This will keep the engine more compact and looking stock. It will also have an ARC billet/double bearing side cover, the TAV30 CVT (pictured) and sidecover and head studs. Some of these parts still need to be purchased. The engine build will delay getting the bike finished, so the Kohler will be used until I get the engine built.

Next week, I will be painting the frame and forks. The new steel for the frame is on the way. Should be here Monday. The frame will be stretched 10 or 12”. A jackshaft will be added to the new stretched frame to help gear down the bike. The disc brakes might not be installed on this bike. The drums are sealed and should stay fairly clean. No need for discs. This keeps it a little more simple, because the front drum conversion has already been done.

Here are a couple pictures of the Kohler engine, the front brake, adjustable handlebars and Carlisle Trail Wolf tires. It still needs bar risers and plastic for the mud flaps. I will also fab a basket behind the seat for my dog, Augie.

Thanks for looking! More next week.

SamM
Attached Images

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Last edited by SamM; 10-19-2017 at 07:41 AM.