View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwhitez31 View Post
As for the cart, im on an extremely tight budget because business is really slow right now thats why i was looking at an electric start conversion. I have a line on a cart frame for $50 and i can make the mounts , shifter, etc myself. Was actually looking at the parts on the bike and i can use the foot brake arm and pedal for the shifter and it already has spots for linkage to mount to... lol. Another reason i want use this motor is for the 4speed. Most of the elec. Start motors ive looked at were 3spd with reverse which would be nice but i can live without reverse lol.
I bought a brand new China 110 with electric start and a four speed for $110. You should certainly be able to find a used one for less. That said, three speeds plus reverse would be a good thing.

Keep an eye on the free section of CL; you never know what you might find for kart materials. You might even find the perfect rusted wheelbarrow for a body. A dead lawn tractor would also be a good donor.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer