View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
The bike is going to be feeding from your wallet for mods, wait and see.

Yeah....I can see that in my future...even frequent oil changes can add up.

I only have like 5 miles on mine and already want flush mount blinkers because the factory ones are begging to be broken and the only damage mine shipped with was one front blinker had the rubber spacer ripped so I taped it but that tape didnt hold to rubber well so it's hanging...4 now.
Plus I want some kind of trunk/saddlebags. I see nice looking ones ranging from $20 for nylon saddlebags or plastic trunk boxes to $50 for really nice leather or canvas ones doing a quick search on Amazon. of course there are way more expensive options but realistically I wouldn't even consider paying more than $10--$50 for storage and maybe i will even use whatever I have in my house. I just dont want to use an ugly milk crate but it would work...
Also I really want the bar end mirrors..I think. I just dont like the ones that go straight upwards from the handlebars from my experience with scooters that have the same mirrors style as the factory Vader

I might look into motorcycle oil more and see if there is a different kind with a better clutch additive. This was the first time I have ever had to change motorcycle oil so I really don't know what's best and I have read in the past there are many different certifications the American Petroleum Institute gives oil so it can be a lot to remember or think about

I don't care much about speed either. I am riding because I like being on 2 wheels in good weather. But I guess i do care to the extent I need to be able to go the speed limit and there are many 35-40mph roads in my town and even one stretch of 45mph speed limit.
I was more asking about shift points as far as what is good for making the bike last and not abusing it. I have shifted a little below 5k RPM every time so far

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me