Thread: Mt Lemon
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Your bike must have been jetted quite lean from the factory, like most China bikes. That would explain why it can breathe at 8000'.

I'd love to drag my trailer to your area, but that's punishment that my poor old Sierra wouldn't be able to take.
I don't know, it seems to run rich. Most times I do not have to use the choke. When warm, I have to crack the throttle some for it to start.

Anyway, I took the little devil up into the hills yesterday and put it through the paces. Dropped it once, stalled it once and high centered it. The end broke off my clutch lever and I cannot find a suitable replacement.

This video is of what I consider to be a fairly rough section. Some might say intermediate with some advanced sections. This little Bashan handled it pretty darn good with the stock enduro tires. Granted, it is rock and traction is pretty darn good. First gear work, idling and opening it up, never complained. Rarely had to use the clutch. And this is after I have put a smaller rear sprocket on to get highway speeds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4XQxXYH3tQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Be a Piggy!