View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #8

I figured I would share a little more info on the kit. This "MotoEFI" kit uses may of the Ecotrons efi components. The main difference is the ecu. MotoEFI uses a ecu based off of microsquirt architecture, where as Ecotrons is its own proprietary unit. I think they can get away with selling this because they made subtle hardware and firmware changes so it cant use megasquirt software. For tuning it uses a modified version of the legacy EFITune software that was used to tune megasquirt back when it was first released. Anyway, the ecu does not have a connector, but is fully potted and waterproof. Note that connectors should be used at all wiring connections so it can be removable.

The wires are all clearly labeled, and it even has a ring terminal with a temp sensor epoxied into it for "coolant temp" which will really be cylinder head temp.

My favorite part of the kit is the throttle body. That little black box has a throttle position sensor, manifold absolute pressure sensor and intake air temp sensor all integrated in to one unit.

More to come