View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #14

We have another runner

I got the 150 running today. Needed a CDI. Noticed the slide was stuck in the carb, guess it's been sitting for a long time LOL. I didn't even clean out the carb yet, just sprayed some penetrating oil in it and removed the slide and stuck it back in. These engines are just something else. This poor thing is pumping oil out of the crack in the side cover and still starts right up. It shocked me when it started.

[youtube]gUxmX_ZG024[/youtube]

I didn't expect this much oil from the stator cover. Is it supposed to have oil in there?

The Baja Dirt Runner 125 needs a new stator. The mount for pickup is broke.
I was getting a signal from it, maybe 1 or 2 volts. The lead to the CDI was putting out 8 or 9 volts (kicking it over, no electric start on it). I'm assuming the stator is the cause of the no spark issue. I've tried a new CDI and coil and plug.

Just waiting on more parts now.

The Hi-Bird doesn't need much, it's running. Just have to patch the back tube, install the ignition switch (when it comes), mount the battery somewhere, and cleanup the wiring. I'm going to put a VM26 on it with a foam filter, so the battery will go in place of the airbox.

The 150 needs a few front spokes and the stator cover. Both are on order. Then I need to clean up the wiring (remove the lights, horn, etc.) and it'll be good to go. I'll probably sell it as quick as I can. It has the most potential for profit. I've spent about $125 on it (Spokes $10, CDI $8, Stator cover $20 , ignition switch $2, front tube $14, battery $23, clutch lever $8, front master cylinder $14, hand grips and throttle tube $6, kick starter lever $18). Man this stuff adds up fast So $175 total with the $50 purchase. I should be able to get $400 for it when it's all said and done.