View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #5

Hooked up a battery to it last night. Nothing, nada, zero. Thought maybe the main fuse blew since there are bare wires from the lights and signals being ripped off. The fuse was good. Checked the ignition switch and found that it was bad. I jumpered the wires from the switch (red to black and green to black with white stripe) and got power on but the starter switch didn't do anything, I may have not jumped the wires correctly, not sure. I shorted the solenoid and got it turning over but no spark.

So today I started ordering parts. Got a kit with all new ignition electrics for $24 (coil, CDI, solenoid, plug), new ignition switch, new kill/starter switch and some spokes for the front wheel. The wheel actually still looks to be okay but has a lot of broken spokes so I'm hoping I can save it. I was also lucky enough to find the engine cover for only $18. Picture of the crack below. Got a gasket set too.

So the project is dead in the water for now. It'll probably be two or three weeks for the parts to arrive from China. Worth the wait I think because some of the parts from U.S. sellers on ebay were a lot more expensive.