View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #1

150CC Enduro: fifty dollars to make you holler

I'm back after an absence of about a year (or more). I sold my 200GY last year (shown below).

Since I got back into street bikes I wasn't using it much and needed some cash so I let it go. I've missed it though and have been keeping my eyes out for another.

So... I ended up with this wreck. I don't know what it is, there are no markings on the engine:

The good: It was only $50
The bad: Several broken spokes on the front wheel, left front engine (stator) cover cracked, clutch handle broken, kick-starter lever broken, and, more to follow I'm sure.

I'll check it out more after work today. But it's in pretty rough shape. I have some side covers that may fit it and a front fender. I'm not concerned about the lights, as I'll probably just remove all the street stuff anyway.

I may be able to fix the engine cover with JB Weld, if I can't find a new one (I'll post a picture of the damage later to see what you guys think). But the front wheel may be a problem. I haven't seen any others with the rotor mounted on the right side before. I don't know, could be as simple as flipping a GY2/5 wheel around or just install the forks off one. You'll notice the front wheel mounts to the bottom of the forks, not to the front as in the 200 series of bikes I'm used to seeing.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back here with another Chinabike. It was the clones that got me back into riding again when I got my 200 in 2007. Since then I've accumulated a hoard of Honda CBs. Here's my favorite - a 78 750: