View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 11:14 AM   #9

Thumbs Up Wire cleanup

Started on wire clean up. The igniter, flasher unit, and starter relay and ignition box were just hanging under the seat. I plan on dirt only, so I deleted the turn signal circuit, and the starter circuit, it was already hacked apart. snugged up the connectors for the coil, and zip tied all components securely to the frame work.
Since I don't have any plastics for this bike, I cut off the side panel mounts, starter relay mount, took off the air diverters from the front of the frame, and used black appliance paint on the bare spots.
I plan on bypassing the key switch. Wich wires coming out of the switch do i need to splice together? Also, which wires from the left control box are the headlight leads? I have a grote 6led head light for this project. It is super bright.
Today i will delete the rest of the turn signal leads from the harness, as well as the horn, more useless mounts, and rewrap the front end of the harness. The protective covering is severely chafed but has protected the wires within.
Attached Images

1972 Honda xl250
2x early 90's Honda rf600 parts bikes
more mc junk laying around.