View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 05:25 AM   #27

So what do you do with a basket case motorcycle project that's neither here nor there...

Well for the some of us it will inevitably take over a room in your home.

This is where the fettling truly starts.

Offering up parts, Checking fitment, Clearances and hatching out plans and solutions to the problems that eventuate when your try to merge elements of 2 different bikes into 1.

The CG250 fits in the factory mounts with some minor massaging. the top bracket and head mount are the most out of line but doable with some added spacers on the bolts.

The only compromise is that it is not possible to remove the rocker cover while its completely mounted, but can accessed with the engine tipped forward from the bottom rear mount. So a slight inconvenience but a worthwhile compromise for 12v electric start and +40cc of displacement.

I also took time to merge the aftermarket muffler+pipe and the Cg250 header pipe into a complete exhaust system. Seems like both sections agreed with each other too.
However I have had to modify the exit bend tighter as the pipe would interfere with the clutch. I will show this in a little greater detail later.

Also trying to fandangle a 12v battery tray/mount in the vicinity of the air filter element but not interfering with the exhaust pipe and drive chain. This will likely incorporate the rear splash guard as a dual purpose solution.

That'll do for this wall of text.
Attached Images