View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #1

Hawk 250 build in Va.

Figured I'd start a thread on my Hawk 250. I ordered my Hawk on 5-24-19 from Txpowersports. Took exactly one week for delivery. UPS freight driver left the bike right at the entrance to my driveway and I moved it from there to my shop with the loader on my tractor.

Shipping damage was minimal. One small scratch on the silver rear grab bars where the steel crate rubbed and one small paint rub through on the LH crankcase cover. About what I was expecting really.

I received the MSO a few days before the bike arrived and was able to insure and register the bike in Virginia the day after it was delivered.

I'm just now beginning the assembly. So far the only issue I've encountered is a stripped lower shock bolt. I plan on mocking the bike up then removing and reinstalling critical fasteners with loctite. Also plan to put good fluids in it and check the valves before firing it up. Plan to run the bike pretty much stock for a bit to see what I like and don't like and will address issues as they come up.

Just bought the thing to ride around our property and surrounding farm land, with an occasional cruise around the block here and there. Hopefully it holds up for a few summers. Not really expecting much out of it.