View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #11

Nobody cares what you have in it except you. You'll be lucky to get $1000 for it. I doubt a 15,000 mile RX3 in perfect condition would bring over $2000. I can buy 15,000 mile KLRs and V-Stroms in perfect condition for $2500.

Accessories and upgrades don't add much value to motorcycles. Never have. Most of your investment is of no value to me--other than the 19-inch front wheel, brush guard, and square mirrors, everything else on your list would be removed in my garage, and used stuff is barely worth the cost of trying to sell it. I've collected shelves full of stuff over the years. Such stuff may have been of value to you, but finding a buyer with the same desires won't be easy. Never is.

New engine and labor costs almost as much as a new bike. Which would you buy? Not reasonable to expect buyer to pay near price of new bike and still provide labor for repair. Would you?

This has nothing to do with it being Chinese, just the way it is in the used motorcycle market wherever I've bought in the past. Always seems tons of sellers start with stupid prices, but in a month or two the prices drop fast.