Thread: Rps hawk 250
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 08:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
hnu13 not the Hawk but a Bashan and I had absolutely zero issue other than waiting in line and handing over all that money. They didn't check or verify anything. Simply took the information off my bill of sale and MCO and I received title, registration and tag. It was alarmingly too simple

/
The Bashans are listed on the EPA/DOT list as being highway legal for 49 states (Californians need not apply) for the past several years. The Hawk is off-road certified but is not on the 'list' which means that it is technically not street legal. However, many states(like Arizona) street register anything with a minimum of street equipment such as quads, converted dirt bikes, UTV's, etc. so I am guessing that Florida is similar in lax rules. However, a few states have been turning a few members away lately, namely Pennsylvania and New York, and I am guessing more will follow. Those states will check and only register vehicles from the US DOT/EPA certification list for on-highway vehicles, although a few have slipped through in New York and others.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard