View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
I remember hearing someone say once " california isnt really a state....it more of a State of Mind! " , and he was from there. lol
I can definitely see that if he was from So Cal. Nor Cal folks are far more "Salt of the Earth". Tons of agriculture here that drives the states economy. Lots of folks that work with their hands. Nor Cal (not counting the Bay Area) is overwhelmingly "red".....but no one across the rest of the U.S. knows this because they never hear about it.

Funny thing about CA....those who have never been here love to poke fun at it from rumors they've heard and the slanted nightly news that only reports the worst or the weird. Those who left here did for a reason (usually money or lack of employment) and those of us who stay, realize that the beautiful terrain, close ocean, great riding, outdoor sports (camping, hiking, hunting and fishing) and great weather is worth the BS. Like I say, every state has their good and bad and we all deal with our own BS where we're from. Many (probably like Swampy here) will run just north or the border into Oregon with their retirement checks in hand. Similar weather, much cheaper living and close family in CA to visit.....and Oregon loves the money flooding in.

I've been all over the continental 48 and I can tell you this. Seems everywhere I've been, if it's not raining, it's snowing, if it's not snowing, it's windy as hell, and if the wind stops, it turns into a freaking sauna! I'll keep my weather thanks.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350