View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #10

That's interesting! I'm going to install the 16T sprocket. I agree, 1st gear right now is so useless on the 15T sprocket. I am willing to give up a little low end acceleration to have a lower RPMs at the high end cruising speed.

My bike is really starting to ride great and every time I take it out, it seems to get smoother. Today I was up to 50mph at around 7000RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Mechanic View Post
When I took my bike on it's first ride I hit 60mph in a full tuck going down a small hill. A bone stock ankle nipper doing 60mph I knew I had to get out the cell phone and do a reality check. I've gotten the bike up to 56mph in a full tuck, on a level straight. The bike was doing 8200rpms with the 15t sprocket. I put a 108 link chain on it yesterday and installed a 16t sprocket. I was able to get up to 56mph@7100rpms on the way home from work today. I've gotta 17t sprocket on order, which will get me up to cruising speed at an even lower rpm, but I'm thinking 16t may be the best compromise between top end speed and off the line acceleration. With the 15t sprocket 1st gear was useless, I would start off in 2nd and give it a little more throttle before letting out the clutch. I can use 1st gear with the 16t sprocket, but under 30mph the acceleration is