View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
My bike doesn't have the stock exhaust, so it pops, snarls, and crackles pretty bad, especially below 4k rpm. Combine that with already lean factory tuning and you can imagine.

It's also necessary in order to get a clean reading on the Dyno.

I am glad I don't really have to worry about noise ordinance where I live. I still try to be considerate of my neighbors, but I can't stand whisper quiet exhausts either. I am pretty sure that Coffman's shorty exhaust will be insanely loud with the baffle out, but according to the owner of that bike, the type of baffle they use is very effective at cutting down the noise to a reasonable level. I think he said it is 103db with the silencer in, which is close to the same as my open 20 inch long Two Brothers that the bike came with lol.

As far as exhausts on the 500X, I think the Arrow exhaust looks really good. Plus Arrow actually makes well engineered systems that give a lot of flow without a ton of noise.
My V Star Classic 650 has a similar system, AIS, and it made the bike sound awful with the factory exhaust. Any time the throttle was released it started backfiring through the exhaust like mad. I removed the AIS and up'd the main jet one size. It never pops or backfires at all.