View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
This bike really has me excited about riding again. I've probably said that a lot.
This bike has me excited on your behalf! Thanks for all the cool updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
In a week or so, I will be ordering a new Russian made Adaptto Max-E 10kW controller. I believe my current controller is good for 5kW but my bike is 3kW. You can see where we are going. When I say we, I mean me and the guys that are helping me. I'm learning quite a bit, very fast but I'm not there yet. I'm not happy buying the Adaptto controller from Russia, given the current state of affairs but they make the best controller for the high-power eBikes. It's really coming through a new internet friend in Sweden so, the point is moot.
I'm going to encourage you to disregard the political state of affairs. The product you're buying is from some entrepreneur who likely has no interest in geo-political trouble, but rather wants to further the electric bike industry. We'd hate to be excluded from a marketplace, just because our political leaders were up to no good.

I'm trying to follow your controller logic. If the new controller is 10kW, does that mean your bike will draw 6kW?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer