Thread: Lifan USA
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Cautiously is a good word. Lifan was about the best you could get back in the day, besides the Zong Sierra,

The dual sport doesn't do a lot for me. Standard forks, rear drum and a non-balanced engine. It seems there's other, better options out there for cheap. Not sure how Lifan will price this but at least they're willing to play again.

The V-twin street bike looks virtually unchanged.....but the little Grom unit looks cool.
I can't see their crotch rocket going up against the RC3 with only a 17hp 200 though.

Again, I'm glad they're playing, but it appears they need to step up their game a bit.
In my older years, the thought of their standard KP200 as my primary commuter is thrilling to me. Boring and slow, but capable of 70+ mph is all I really need. With the political climate the past 8, one of the few things I got out of it that I agreed with was being 'minimalist.' The standard KP200 fits that bill for me nicely. It really has to do with Yuma, and its layout, and of course, my daily commute. Price will be the ultimate deciding factor for me, however, just as how 'perfect' this bike will be for me.

I would love to get one of these clown-bike (calling it that in Blackbike's honor) Grom-like bikes, but not sure how it will really fit in overall other than costing me money. I do believe that their version will out Grom the Grom and Kawasaki with their larger, vertical thumper and 5 speeds.

Their X-pect endure was not the model I would have picked considering they have a few to pick from (look at Mexico's Lifan site where they have 2 different endures as but one example, not to mention their headquarter site in China), and I really believe they should have offered a rack, but if one can bolt on an optional top case, I would be happy. Which leads me to say that I would be happy to buy both of these bikes for a good price, and I will live happily ever after until retirement when I can purchase something really overpriced and overdone!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard