Thread: Jonway BWS 50
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #13

Still no MSO. I E-mailed them and they said it came in from China on Wednesday and they mailed it out to me the next day. So perhaps it will come in early next week.

I did change the man jet on it though. Went from a 79 to an 87 (smallest I had on hand). Surprisingly, it wasn't too much. Runs much better now. There's a hill near the house that it would drop down to 10MPH pulling me up. Now it can maintain 20MPH. It'll pull me up my driveway into the garage from a dead stop, something it couldn't do before. Full throttle is now useful. Before, I had to back it off from full throttle to get any RPM out of it.

I didn't mess with the pilot jet or the needle. I pried the cap off where the mixture screw is supposed to be. There's just a headless plug there held on with a c-clip. No screw. Not to worried about adjusting it though. It'll spend most of its time on the main circuit (I.E. WFO!). The idle does tend to creep up a little though. I'll get it set nice and low and it'll creep up a few hundred RPM and stay there until I blip the throttle. It'll return to a low idle and start to creep up again. I double, triple, checked the intake and air box rubbers. Everything is tight.

Should be better for my wife now. She hasn't ridden it much, it wasn't responsive enough when it was running so lean. She'd get it going to slow and loose her balance because it wouldn't pick up speed fast enough to maintain momentum.

I also changed the break in oil and the gear oil. I know, should have done that on day one but I figured it actually needed breaking in. I only put 15 miles on it so far anyway.