Thread: Jonway BWS 50
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #1

Jonway BWS 50

My wife's scooter arrived yesterday. Seems like a fine little machine. The driver had to leave it at the foot of my driveway, there wasn't room enough for him to back in or turn around. I had it out of the crate and in the garage within a half hour. It was fully assembled, sans battery and mirrors which were stowed under the seat.

Now here's the funny part. I could not for the life of me figure out how to open the seat! No handle or key lock anywhere? I googled "how do I open scooter seat" and found a couple of videos. They all said to turn the key to the left and push on the seat. Well, nothing happened. I thought it might be an electric switch so I hooked up a battery out of one of my dirt bikes and tried again. My wife asked what the delay was, I told her about the seat and the instructions I got from the videos. She, who always, always, gets right and left bassackwords, turns the key to the RIGHT and the damn seat pops right open . I guess it really is her scooter after all.

So I finished up the assembly and gave it a quick PDI and took it for a spin. It was awful slow (me being 250+pounds and it being <50CC). Nevertheless I expected more than 15MPH out of it. It started to loosen up after a few minutes though and I was able to get 25+ MPH out of it after a few heating cooling cycles.

It did really great on the gravel and dirt roads, which is why I got the fat tire version in the first place. No disappointment with the ride or handling. It's rock solid on loose surfaces.

Overall, I'm pleased with it for money (less than $1K delivered www.saferwholesale.com, 2 weeks from order to delivery ). I think my wife will really enjoy it. We plan on riding around the country roads with it. She eventually will get a full size motorcycle, but I wanted her to start like I did, mine bike > minicycle > motorcycle.

I do, however, strongly feel that an 80CC kit is on the horizon. Sooner than later.
Attached Images

Last edited by rich_e; 07-30-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling